Monday, June 9, 2014

Eurotrip| 5.24.14| Paris Day 1

5.24.14 - We landed in Paris for the first leg of our 2 week trip! I think it was pretty certain where our first stop would be, the Eiffel Tower! We took the metro and I was really excited to see this landmark for the first time with my own eyes. I've been in love with Paris since I was 16, like every other girl, this was the city of love, romance and fashion. I almost went to Paris instead of Australia for my exchange program, but decided I wanted the ease of an English speaking language and 2 of my best friends had already completed their programs in Sydney. I figured I could always come back to Paris and make a Europe trip out of it and 2 years later, I'm here! Walking out of the metro, Aaron led the way as I followed behind. As we were about to reach ground level, he told me to close my eyes until he said I can open them. Shielding my eyes so I won't peek, he led me to somewhere in the middle and stopped. After a few seconds, I got the okay and looked up to the infamous tower of Paris. It didn't feel real. Even as we walked towards it passing the dozens of street venders selling Eiffel keychains and speaking French. The tower was so perfect even with the light rain which only made it more beautiful because of the rainbow that appeared as soon as the rain stopped. 




There are two ways to go up the Eiffel. You can spend 5 euros a person to walk up to the first level, probably around 3 stories high, or you can take the lift which was around 9 euros a person. It would be cool to say I climbed the Eiffel, but I wanted to go to the second level. It was a good excuse to take the lift. The view from the lift was amazing, especially withconcert and music blasting from the courtyard below. 




By the time we got off the lift, the Eiffel tower was lit up and sparkling. It was the perfect first day in Paris. I was able to take a picture of my macaroon and the Eiffel and recorded a bit of the concert from that night. 








No comments:

Post a Comment